Hey everybody! Just like Glenn said awhile back, I got some inspiration for you guys. Here we go with another inspiration station - the series where I show you how I make our bags here! Of course, there is no right way to itabag! You do you!
Today, let's go over this black OTB tote bag I decorated, as seen on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. A very rare specimen indeed, as I don't decorate black often. (￣︶￣;) On this occasion, I found it more befitting than using any other color. If white was available, I would have gone with that option. (•̀o•́)ง Yosh! Let's go.
1) Ten Count, a popular BL manga, has been one of my favorites ever since I found the genre. If you haven't heard of it, please check it out! The translated English manga is available. I was so happy and, also, surprised that there was Ten Count merch. Usually if the series doesn't have an anime, it's rather rare to see merch for it besides fan merch, etc. I found out the series had merch on my trip to Japan last year as well as hunting a bunch down online. I felt the need it was high time I show my love for the series. (و ˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و I'm very happy with this bag, it was very simple to do but came out great. Behold & enjoy the Ten Count Tote! m(_ _)m
Let's get started! ♥
2) I start this bag the same way I start all my others: gathering my supplies especially the merch. I sort out what I have and I try to decide on a theme. This method usually works if you just have aimlessly collected like me and most of us! You can always save time and money by buying themed merch. For example: buy merch only in the school uniform of said character or going even more select such as school uniform + chibi art. But let's be real, sometimes buying for themed merch can be hard especially if it's a new show or the merch is rare for the show. Going for a broader theme can be the better route. And always, it's fine just shoving what you got in your bag. I mean, that's what the bag is for. ;)
Now, time to sort these bad boys.
Will there be an order to this madness? ( ³⌓³)
3) Since this is Ten Count we’re talking about, I decided on order and cleanliness as the theme. On the large opening window of the OTB Tote, I chose a sectional grid motif. I wanted the background to shine through because of its pastel watercolor pattern fitting so well with the series. This will be the cleanest looking itabag I have decorated—a simple grid on a tightly fitting, clean, bright insert.
Baaaaby, you're a fiiiirewoooork~! ＼\ ٩( ᐛ )و /／
4) However, me being me, I couldn’t just have any old bland grid—I couldn't let these boys go unprotected, especially Shirotani (he would never forgive me). You guys know what that means. ヾ(*ゝω・*)ノ Time for sparkle badge covers! *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧
Where the heck did this come from? P:
5) But not just sparkle badge covers! I dug through my vast array flashy and miscellaneous decorating components: deco lights, clear blue & gold stars, white bulb pins, and white chain segments. Soon we'll have these available for you guys too. >:)c
My fingers hurt... (੭ ˃̣̣̥ ㅂ˂̣̣̥)੭ु
6) Huzzah! After many trial and error of getting these aligned, they're all up. I sectioned all the buttons into three grids with space between them. Why the space? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) The chain segments will go between them with the star glass charms dangling from them. The deco lights will be in a S formation behind the badges. Since the deco lights have copper wire, it's easy to bend and have it smoothly stay in place.
A closer look. uwu
7) A'ight. I finished putting the last touches explained just now. Here's a closer look at the bag with the deco lights on in light and the dark! I used the bright white deco light for that soft blue look instead of the blue deco light which would be more blue. It’s hard to see in this photo, but the deco lights will help illuminate your bag and cause the sparkles in the badge covers to scintillate. There's some protip for you! lol ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧
The big reveal of the ♥ side!
8) I didn't speak much about the otherside nor showed a test layout. I just knew I was gonna use rubber straps and metal charms. The focus on order and cleanliness was for the big panel, but for the heart panel I chose a more organic arrangement to show the love and closeness between Shirotani and Kurose. The vertical symmetry is gone, but the spacial symmetry is still there. Lastly, I use a sky blue w/ light blue heart umbrella hanger to symbolize that love because you know we all be shitting hearts for these two boys. ♥ ♥ ♥
9) And that’s a wrap! If you’re ever stuck decorating an itabag and can’t decide where to start, I really suggest trying to find a theme. And for a series like Ten Count, the clear theme really came together well to become one of my favorite itabags - much less messy, but very individualistic with a nice flow to it.
10) What will you decorate?
That concludes this article of Inspiration Station.
Stay roosted for our next issue!
— Sonya from the Co-Kan Flock ♥
Comments will be approved before showing up.
There are many bags, like our Affectuator Backpack and OTB Tote, that come with lace or side mounting points. Observing people with these bags, we noticed one thing: those things are criminally underused! In this short Inspiration Station I’ll go over a really simple decoration I whipped up using $3 worth of materials from Daiso, zip ties, plain printer paper, scissors for creating a trimmed edge and hanging badge covers.
A huge thank you to everybody who liked our Tsuyu Affectuator teaser image on Instagram. You’ve given us nearly 800 likes on it. Like, holy moly! I super appreciate your love and support.
I want to share with you all my dark secrets on how I decorated the bag.